The Washerwoman

Sunday 8 August 2010

Catching Up!






After many weeks of frustration at not having full access to a computer, I have finally got an opportunity to catch up with my blog.... Here are a few sunny reminders of our most recent trip to France. 

We visited plenty of markets and vide greniers, but also had time on the beach







There was an opportunity to relax by the pool at a friends house.


Spotted this house which I fell in love with....it reminded me of something straight out of a TIn Tin book. It is in need of much love and attention....



......the sign on the front was temptation....




I bought this great little vintage dolls house bathroom at a Depo Vente. At present it is "resting" in my collection until the start of the fairs at the beginning of September.


Another day we watched a cycle race - the French do love their bicycles.

On our return from France we were off again to enjoy the sun at the WOMAD festival. At long last we got to see the wonderful Skip McDonald ( aka Little Axe). He is a regular at the WOMAD festival, but we usually missed seeing him as he played on the Thursday evening in previous years.

Other highlights were Toumast, if you like African music with a Hendrix influence, then this is the band to check out! Above are the excellent Toubab All stars - a lively French Ska band which got everyone dancing.
Below is Gilzene & the Blue Light Mento Band   traditional Jamaican music.


I have discovered a lot of new things to enjoy, including this - Kormac's Big band which has to be my absolute favourite find of the month! There is no CD available yet, but I am sure it won't be long....... Lastly, I was a little disappointed by the tracks that Gil Scott Heron played. He has a fantastic new CD, and should really have included this in his set. Hey ho!

7 comments:

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Love your pictures of France...am off there too in three weeks time...Can't wait!

Josie-Mary said...

Love looking around French markets.... your friends house is lovely with the pool :)

Country Cottage Chic said...

Welcome back to Blogland Lizzie - glad you have your computer sorted out!

Jayne

BusyLizzie said...

thank you for your comments, funnily enough I am still without the computer. I borrowed a friends to update the blog.. hopefully mine will be back this week!

DEBBIE said...

I TOO DREAM OF ONE DAY VISITING FRANCE!
FINGERS CROSSED!IT WILL BE SOMETIME SOON!
HUGS,

DEBBIE MOSS

My Realitty said...

Here comes Fall! Love your vacation shots. Lux plus. It is crazy foggy cold here in the Bay area. We usually get a blazing 100 plus degree Fall right when the kiddies have to go back and sit in the classroom! The weather is so crazy this year I wonder if that will happen? C

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Thank you for bringing back such wonderful souvenirs of France ..
I am not sure I could part with that little bathroom..
I wonder if our paths crossed at WOMAD.. It was a fabby event this year.. as always.. and we hope to return next summer especially as son and heir said he is working there.

Michele xx