The Washerwoman

Monday 1 June 2009

In the words of Lou Reed.... what a Perfect Day.....

Saturday 30th May 2009 started early with a calm misty sunrise over the Washerwoman's washing line (and very overgrown flowerbed!).. Luckily you can't see the weeds.
It was time to get up early & drive to the long awaited & much anticipated Vintage & Handmade fair in Chipping Sodbury.......
On arrival it was "all systems go" to unpack and set up for the fair.. Michele's stall was looking soooooooo tempting with fab vintage toys & goodies.....

The Green Shelves were soon groaning with an eclectic selection of textiles, trimmings, buttons & bits'n'bobs....

Niki had a selection of mouth-watering Nostalgic pretties....

Cakes were beautifully displayed in a tempting calorific array....

There were just so many wonderful goodies to tempt you.....

Wouldn't you want to give one of these a home? I shouldn't think that Nicky had many bunnies to carry back to Devon after such a fab fair. From the moment the doors opened at 10 am there was a constant stream of wonderful, enthusiastic and friendly customers. I met some lovely people including Sarah & Jo from Hardaker & Pope, Isabelle from Suzy's Vintage Attic, a pair of sisters who spent lots of time on my stall (and were so lovely & complimentary)..... Elaine (from Kitsch & Curious).. Judith & Viv who raided the slowly decreasing "Tweed Mountain"... Corrine Phillips...Annie (from a Sauncerful of secrets) and a super customer who was into Triang dolls houses (please do email me as you left one of your purchases behind.)
It really was a wonderful and special day, so BIG Thank you to Jayne & Michele for all their hard work..and also thank you to their hubbies & family (Mr Country Cottage you saved my life with that cuppa!!)



15 comments:

Vintage to Victorian said...

Liz I don't believe it. Even your comment on my blog went straight into my deleted emails file! Whatever's going on?!!!!

Great day, wasn't it. Wish we'd had time to gossip more, but there were more important things on hand, weren't there!

There really was a super mix of people to meet and I'm sure we shall all remember Saturday for a very long time to come.

Sue xx

hens teeth said...

Hi Lizzie
Thanks for comment.
I'm still smiling now after such a great day.
Hope to meet you again soon.
ps. your choice of music, here on your blog is right up my street! Really good stuff!

Sal said...

It was a great day wasn't it? Shame I didn't see much of you, to chat!
I'm looking forward to the next one ;-)

Katie said...

Hello! I still can't work out which was your stall...I'm so sorry, I was determined to come and see you and say "hello". I walked round and round, but couldn't find you (where abouts were you?) What a lovely fair it was though. I'll find you at a fair one day, I promise!
Katie xx

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Hi Lizzie... I love your photos .. the calm before the storm!
That Steeleye Span song..."Didn't we have a lovely time.. the day we went to Chipping Sodbury Town Hall".. keeps going through my mind..
I wish we could rewind the whole day.... especially the part where I clapped eyes on my fabulous kitsch shell frame.. it is going in the bathroom with my other shell frames today.
Michele xx

BusyLizzie said...

Yes, Sal.. I know what you mean, there wasn't a lot of "standing around & chatting time"...like you.. I am really looking forward to the next one!!!!!
Lizzie x

Corinne Phillips said...

It was a great day and I too wish it could happen all over again! Thank you Lizzie for the lovely comment you left on my blog. I loved your stall and it was great meeting you.

Country Cottage Chic said...

It was fab wasn't it? Just a pity we didn't have more time to chat....maybe we should have a half hour of stallholders shoppingbefore the doors open as I din't get a chance to do any proper shopping!

See you at the Christmas fair (if not sooner!)

Jayne

Ginny Gibson said...

Hi Liz it was lovely to see you again,I had a great time too. I have been looking at everyone's pics and on flickr and I see me in the background of some LOL and my eldest at the cake stall ....wondered where she had gone to :0))

Now just imagine what the November fair will be like with all the christmas inspired stuff, got to be there too.
best wishes Ginny

BusyLizzie said...

Thanks for your comments girls... great memories of a special day!
Lizzie x

Midsummer Stitches said...

Hi
I came to the vintage and handmade fair on Saturday from Leicester with my daughter. We both really enjoyed the day everyone was so friendly. After talking to you about blogging here I am!Anyway got to go im making a rag rug bag and its nearly finished one more cup of coffee....
Juia

OhSoVintage said...

It has been great reading everyone's posts and looking at their photos of this day. It certainly was a huge success and a lot of happy people went home that day. I only wish I could have been there.

Niki Fretwell said...

Hi Lizzie,
'A Perfect Day' indeed! I still keep thinking about it with a smile on my face....everyone was so cheeful and happy to be there, were'nt they? You found time to take far more lovely photos than I did...that's because you are a pro at this game...and so were set up quicker than me...I was still at it at 10 past 10! (Thanks for the mention!)
Glad that you had a good day...I think everyone did, didn't they? Which is also perfect!

Good luck for the next one in your diary,
Niki x

sarah said...

oh it was such a lovely day, so nice to meet you and photograph your pinnies, will post it next week!!

Wendy said...

What an amazing fair, wish I could have been there.
Everything looks beautiful.
Thank you for sharing it.
Wx