The Washerwoman

Tuesday 8 January 2013

The Spring Vintage Season awaits...


Happy New Year to you. It has been a lovely few relatively quiet weeks at "Washerwoman HQ". Since Christmas I have been sorting out my workroom and stock in readiness for the Spring Vintage Season.


 I discovered things that I had bought a while ago... in an old box were these gorgeous catalogues which are great for reference. I have kept a few, but will be taking the rest with me to the Vintage and Antique Fairs in the next few weeks.

 My favourite page is this one showing the different designs of the pinnies. Each design has a name, you can choose "Ida, Grace, Iris, Pearl or Minnie" to brighten up your housework day!




 More formal attire here.....



 I also discovered this charming photography envelope. Such a simple thing, but so evocative of the time.



 Of course I had squirreled away a stash of old photographs. They are my weakness and I usually buy them at Flea markets both in the UK and France. The time has come to thin out my collection, so have scanned some of them so that I can part with them at sales. I will have a few with me at Ardingly Antiques Fair this week.


 The same can be said for my collection of knitting patterns. These usually sell well at The Honiton Textile fair , the next one is on Tuesday February 5th in the Mackarness Hall in the centre of the town.


See you somewhere soon! Lizzie x

5 comments:

ted and bunny said...

have to confess I would be totally wowed to wear a Minne Pinnie!

Unknown said...

It sounds like its going to be another lovely busy year for you. I love all those images of the fashions gone by. It was lovely see you last weekend at the Exeter flee market. Take care, dee x

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Love the photograph wallet - as you say, the picture is so evocative of its time.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Jelly Jam said...

Hope to catch you somewhere in the spring. Love the washing machine background!
Happy New Year
Ellie
x

BusyLizzie said...

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment. Life is now back to its normal frenetic pace, so promise to visit your blogs soon! Lizzie