The Washerwoman

Monday 3 October 2011

The Textile Society Fair in Chelsea


 This weekend was certainly a busy one.... we "kicked off" at the Vintage & Handmade Fair on Saturday, see pics here and more witty words...
Sadly my photos are really not up to scratch of the amazing event organised by the gals, Jayne and Michele.


 Sunday morning it was time to drive to London for the Textile Society Fair in Chelsea Old Town Hall. Many of the ladies on the Vintage Circuit know this venue well as they attend the Frock Me Fair on a regular basis.
I have never been to that event, so was totally blown away by the stunning interior of the hall. As you can see from the pix above, the light streamed into the building.



Despite the heat the day flew by as I met some new customers and a few familiar ones too! The lovely Jane on the next stand was very complimentary about this blog, so just wanted to say Thank you to her for her kind words!
 I only have a few images of my stand, and somehow I didn't get around to photograph any other stalls.



 .... apart from smiling Cecile looking radiant whilst the rest of us were wilting! Keep an eye open for the dates for next year. It is a superb event!

8 comments:

Hesta Nesta said...

Looks fantastic Lizzie, I really should try and come to this one. It was lovely to see you both on Saturday and I am so thrilled with Gloria, she does look fab and I am glad you approve of her vintage attire. See you in Frome.
Jo xx

Jinny Mc said...

Great to see you yesterday Liz and that wonderful coat of yours ;) don't forget to let me know when you do that raffle lol. The Textile fair was wonderful. Hope to see you at your Vintage Baazar.

Ivy Black said...

Marvellous. What a beautiful setting.xx

BusyLizzie said...

Thank u JM! I expect you to have made at least 3 patchwork coats by the time I see you in Frome! Have a good week. xx

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Thank you Lizzie for your kinds words about the V & H. I am sorry I only caught a glimpse of you throughout the day but your valued presence was much appreciated!
Looks like the Chelsea fair was a beautiful venue.

Michele x

BusyLizzie said...

Thank you Michele. There was no time for nattering on Saturday was there? A lovely steady flow of customers all day kept me on my stand! Have a good week. lizzie x

Romance-is-dead said...

Hi Lizzie
we love your blog!
I was wondering if you would be interested in visiting our Vintage Fashion Fair, which we are holding at Bath Pavilion on Sunday 30th October?
call me on 01132 385 059 or email kirstie@judysvintagefair.co.uk

Best
Kirstie x
www.vintagefair.co.uk

A Treasured Past said...

Hi Lizzie, you have been busy! I can't believe that we walked right past your stall at Ardingly and I didn't even know it..Damn! Wasn't the weather just terrible. We spent most of the time in the first big shed and only a quick whip around outside while the kids and gandparents headed back to the car. I think I was too busy looking at the food stalls (I remember them from your photo) because the kids were starving. We didn't buy much on the day though, but we loved it, rain and all!! Thanks for stopping by, Tam x