The Washerwoman

Monday 22 August 2011

When in Portscatho.....


Yesterday morning Mr W and I set off at an ungodly hour to drive to Cornwall. Our destination was the Memorial Hall at Portscatho on the stunning Roseland Peninsula.


 We had been invited to take part in The Homespun Fair organised by Jane, Gertie and Christine. Once we had set up the stand it was time to take a few photos of the other stands (many apologies to those whose stands I have not included, the camera was being a tad temperamental!) No doubt Sal will have some extra piccies on her blog.



 There was a definite "sea side" theme to several stands in the hall ...



 Also lots of colourful beautiful stands stacked high with delectable goodies.... which were soon pounced upon and purchased as soon as the doors opened. To be honest, I was lightly overwhelmed by the throng of smiling, friendly shoppers. So, apologies to anyone who may have thought I was rather vague at times. The 4 'o clock alarm call does really odd things to your head, and remembering familiar faces and names can be something of a challenge!


After lunch the mad rush calmed down and I was able to walk down to admire the sea, the view and the shop!




 I have waited a long time to visit this little gem. The Sea Garden is just beautiful and every surface is crammed with gorgeous-ness!



Thank you girls for inviting us to share your day, we had a lovely time. (Oh and I forgot to mention the cakes.. which were sublime..) Keep an eye here for news of the next event in Portscatho!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

oohh that looks like such a beautiful day and in such a pretty location to. I adore Cornwall. I love those old teddys and that bright vintage floral cushion just seems to jump out at me ;-)) Have a lovely week, dee xx

Unknown said...

It all looks really, really lovely. What i wouldnt do for a little shop like that! x
Sophie

Niki Fretwell said...

Hi Lizzie,
Wish I could have been there...glad you had a fun day, if slightly tiring.

I visited Christine's lovely shop a couple of weeks ago...so, happy to say I've had my 'fix' too. Its gorgeous, isn't it?

Have a fab week and good luck at the next fair! (Should I be doing the T4T and not my other plans??! ;-))

Niki x

jane and the happy crow said...

Thank you for being there Liz, your stand as usual had lots of things to tempt me and it was so lovely to catch up with you again. See you soon, lots-a-love Jane xxx

A Mermaid's Tale said...

Great to see you and Jack yesterday at Homespun Liz, thanks so much for making the effort to travel all that way - sorry you have to have such an early start! Wish I'd had a bit more time to look at your gorgeous things. Thank you for the lovely comments about The Sea Garden too - always grateful for a recommendation!
Christine x

BusyLizzie said...

Thank you for your comments. I hope there will be another fair in Portscatho in the not-too-distant future! lizzie x

nilly said...

Your energy & vintage taste are truly inspirational! No wonder you have no time to attend the Lincoln Showground event.

BusyLizzie said...

Thank you Nilly for your kind comment! perhaps one of these days I will get to the Lincoln Fair!! Lizzie x

Lyn said...

oh t does look like a great day...just that bit too far for us to go!
The shop is right up my street too!
xxx

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

The sun always shines in Portscatho.. for the Homespun fair at least! It looked as lovely as always and wish I could have been there to join you.

Michele x

Purrfect Haven said...

would have loved to visit you there, because we love the sale and the place - heavenly. Helen x

BusyLizzie said...

Thank you Helen, it certainly is a magical place. xxx