The Washerwoman

Sunday 26 August 2012

Another Busy (Vintage) Week!


 Last week was another busy one! A very good friend came to stay and we enjoyed our annual catch-up combined with a few days of Vintage and Charity Shopping!


 We chanced upon this delightful shop in the town of Minehead. It is called Sally's Vintage Chic


 The shop has a lovely fresh and sunny feel to it - as you can see by these photographs.


Next stop was Newark, and a hectic 2 days sharing the Marquee with Michele, Alan and Maud.


Thank you to all the bloggers and smiling customers who came to see us. It was a good fair despite the indifferent weather.


I just wish that the weather had been a little kinder at The Cotswolds Vintage fair on Saturday...


Dark and threatening clouds, followed by heavy rain showers interspersed with sunshine was the order of the day.


- But that didn't stop the crowds arriving on the dot of 10 am to shop!


 Here are just a few images of the 40 stands at this fabulous event.... Above is Niki's stand , piled high with temptation.




This colourful stand really caught my eye. It was beautifully arranged and goes by the name of 



Above is All Things Vintage and Beautiful and below is Hesta Nesta


Sorry that I don't have links for everyone, if you see your stand here, please let me know and I will happily add a link to your website or blog.
Despite the weather we had a good day and met some super new customers. Do put the date in your diary for 2013 as this Fair is one that you shouldn't miss!

12 comments:

Hesta Nesta said...

It was a fab day Liz, so sorry I didn't really get to talk to you! We were so busy I hardly had time for a sandwich at lunchtime. See you at Hartley Wintney.
Love
Jo xx

Deborah said...

I went here yesterday and loved it! loads of gorgeous things to buy and loads of inspiration! :)

Bee happy x

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Oh those two teddies in bed look just like a sweet devoted elderly couple, which thinking about it I suppose they are. The Velvet eccentrics look tremendous.

Jean

BusyLizzie said...

It certainly was an inspirational fair Deborah!

nilly said...

So glad Newark was good for you too!
The Cotswolds Fair looks amazing.

KC'sCourt! said...

Hello Lovely pictures of Sally's shop, think I just missed you by about five minutes, so I will say Hello now! Its lovely working in there.
Julie xxxxx

Niki Fretwell said...

Hi Lizzie,
Lovely to see you on Saturday...glad the gale force winds that were forecast didn't arrive...or your gazebo may not have been left standing...Loved your new head - BTW! ;-))

Niki x

Niki Fretwell said...

Sorry, meant to say...BIG thank you for including a photo of my stand on your post...didn't realise my displays was quite so red, white and blue! Unintentional...I was obviously subconsciously being very patriotic! :)
N x

LeeAnn at Mrs Black's said...

Hi Lizzie, Your stand was great at the fair and it was so nice to meet you. Love your photos. I hope to put mine up soon, and like you I need to identify them all and hopefully find a link. see you soon! Minerva x

Jo Potter said...

Looks like a wonderful fair! Fantastic photos, wish I could have bought some of the beautiful vintage items for sale.
I am a new follower. I found your blog through Mrs Black!

Best wishes,
Jo May.

BusyLizzie said...

Thank you Jo May for your comment. Lizzie

Foxtail Lilly said...

WbNice to see you again at Newark. Lovely bits as ever! xxx